Annual Thanksgiving Basketball Classic
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT IN OUR ANNUAL THANKSGIVING BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
2019 MPAA TURKEY BALL RANKINGS
RULES & REGULATIONS
ROSTERS / PLAYERS
- A player can only play on 1 team/division regardless of age eligibility (NO DOUBLE DIPPING).
- A player can only play in the division that is the same as their year of birth, younger players can play in older divisions.
- Girls can play 1 year younger then their year of birth (for example a girl born 2006 can play in the 2007 division).
- ALL PLAYERS must have legitimate identification accessible during the tournament, stating date of birth.
- PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT FULL FILIPINO decent must have accessible during the tournament, a copy of their parents or grandparents birth certificate.
- PLAYER CHALLENGE, a cost of $40 per player will be charged to the Team Manager or Head Coach of an organization that requests the challenge. Only a team manager or head coach can request a player challenge.
- The $40 Player Challenge fee is due immediately and an investigation will not start until the fee is paid in full.
- If a player is found illegitimate either by age or ethnicity all the games that the illegitimate player has played will be overturned and declared a disqualification.
- A player challenge can be requested before the start of a game or 12 hours after the scheduled start time of the game being challenge.
- Once a player challenge is requested, the player being challenged has 2 hours to show legitimate documents.
***It is the Team Manager or Head Coach's responsibility to know the eligibility of all their players, false representation will not be tolerated and a 2 year ban from all BALL905 events and tournaments will be placed on the Team Manager and/or Head Coach. An appeal can be requested 72 hours after the ban has been set.***
- FIBA, a modified FIBA rule book will be used throughout the whole tournament.
- majority of the modifications will be on the game format, listed below.
- 2 x 16 minute halves, STOP TIME, the time will not stop on made baskets, until the last minute of the 2nd half.
- RUN TIME will commence if the point difference in the last 8 minutes of the 2nd half is 16 points and greater.
- BONUS, double bonus will be rewarded on the 10th team foul.
- TIMEOUTS, 3x 1 minute time outs per game, no carry over into overtime period. If an overtime period is needed, each team will be granted 1x time out each.
- OVERTIME, if the score is tied at the end of regulation time, an overtime period will start with a jump ball at centre court. The team to score 3 points first will win the game, whether by 3 point field goal, multiple 2 point field goals, multiple free throws or a combination of a 2 point field goal and a free throw.
- FINALS OVERTIME, in a finals/championship game, if the score is tied at the end of regulation time, a 2 minute STOP TIME overtime period will start with the the possession going to the team directed by the possession (jump ball) arrow.
FULL COURT PRESS
- FALL BACK RULE, full court press is allowed in every division, in the "Youth Conference", 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, once point difference is 20 points and greater, half court defence only will be allowed.
- MATCHING TOPS, just as long the colour of the top is the same colour/shade and same team name on the front, no jersey technical will be given.
- UNIFORM TECHNICAL, 1x free throw is awarded to the opponent for every player violating the matching top rule. Violation occurs when a player does not have a matching top (colour & shade), does not have a number on the back, has a duplicate number as a teammate, no team name or team name on front does not match.
- Free throw(s) will be awarded at the beginning of the second half, if the second half has started the free throw will be awarded when the violating player subs in the game.
STANDINGS TIE BREAKER
- POINT DIFFERENCE, for teams tied in the standings after the round robin, totals for "POINTS FOR" and "POINTS ALLOWED" the difference of those categories will determine your "POINTS DIFFERENCE". The team with the better "PD" will be ranked higher and/or move forward to the playoffs.
- PD will also determine seeding in cases where seeding is applicable.
- POINTS ALLOWED, if by chance that the "PD" between teams are identical, "PA" will be the next category that will determine the tie breaker. The team with the minimal accumulated points allowed in the round robin will win the tie breaker.
- A player must play at least 1 round robin game to qualify to play in any playoff game. Wild card games are considered as playoff round.
FACILITY & HOTEL LOCATIONS
Fairfield by Marriott International Toronto / Brampton
150 Westcreek Blvd. Brampton, Ontario L6T5VJ
CONTACT PERSON: Zina Razouk
BOOKING NUMBER: 905-460-2515
GROUP CODE: MPAP
GROUP RATE: $125 + tax
GROUP RATE DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
(any unreserved rooms will go back into the inventory at regular rate)
INCLUDED: King Bed, Sofa Bed, All You Can Eat Breakfast, Swimming Pool and other amenities.
Sheridan College, Davis Campus
7899 McLaughlin Rd, Brampton, ON L6V 1G6, Canada
Brampton Soccer Centre
1495 Sandalwood Pkwy E, Brampton, ON L6R 0K2, Canada
Burnhamthorpe Community Centre
1500 Gulleden Dr, Mississauga, ON L4X 2T7, Canada